- Healthcare IT: SC IRS data breach a result of simple phishing attack
- Healthcare IT: Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in North Carolina becomes latest victim of x-ray vendor scam
- Heallthcare News: The evolution of Patient-Reported Health Information and technology
- Security: LivingSocial sees massive cyber hack
- Hardware: 4 tips to stave off sluggish computers
- Healthcare IT: Ninite: What it is, what it does, and how you can use it
- HIPAA Safeguard: HHS/OCR materials now available for patients
HealthIT Consulting & Solutions & Meaningful Use Risk Analysis
Health Security Solutions is a HIPAA consulting and managed services firm, which provides a structured and facilitated approach to HIPAA compliance and data crisis management.
Health Security Solutions exists to help organizations minimize and mitigate the financial, legal and compliance risks associated with running health care organizations. A typical health care provider has neither the security and technical expertise nor the bandwidth to effectively manage security compliance.
We provide HIPAA Security Risk Analysis and Security Management planning, outsourced Security Officer services, and other specific IT services related to keeping in compliance such as managed firewall, email hosting and encryption, endpoint device encryption, backup and disaster recovery, and security training and awareness.
HIPAA, which became law in 1996, has been largely ignored by many in the health care industry. However, new federal regulations and financial incentives have been introduced in the last two years, urging executive management in the health care industry to review their privacy and security posture.
The first HIPAA security implementation specification and core requirement number 15 for Meaningful Use requires a HIPAA risk assessment. As one of the key consulting services that Health Security Solutions provides, we have helped health care providers qualify for millions of dollar’s worth of stimulus funding.