- Healthcare & EMR General: Physician success depends on technology
- General Healthcare IT: Obtaining patient engagement
- Security: Business security: 5 Common flaws
- Hardware: Cleaning computers and devices
- Social Media: 3 common social media uses
- Interviews: Exploring the Meaningful Use Audit program: Revisiting an interview with Jim Tate
- Security: Avoid cloud and data breach
HealthIT Consulting & Meaningful Use Risk Assessment Solutions
Health Security Solutions is a HIPAA consulting and managed services firm which provides a structured and facilitated approach to HIPAA compliance and data crisis management.
Health Security Solutions exists to help organizations minimize and mitigate the financial, legal and compliance risks associated with running health care organizations. A typical health care provider has neither the security and technical expertise nor the bandwidth to effectively manage security compliance.
We provide HIPAA Security Risk Analysis, Assessment and Security Management planning, outsourced Security Officer services, and other specific IT services such as managed firewalls, email hosting and encryption, endpoint device encryption, backup and disaster recovery, and security training and awareness.
HIPAA, which became law in 1996, has been largely ignored by many in the health care industry. However, new federal regulations and financial incentives have been introduced in the last two years, urging executive management in the health care industry to review their privacy and security posture.
The first HIPAA security implementation specification and core requirement number 15 for Meaningful Use require a HIPAA risk assessment. Through this key consulting service provided by Health Security Solutions, we have helped health care providers qualify for millions of dollars worth of stimulus funding.